Sunday, June 26, 2005

Welcome to Ohio Media Watch!

This is a new blog, but not new for me. Many of you may recognize my posts under the handle "Old Akronite" on Radio-Info.com. It's a popular place for radio discussion, and the R-I Cleveland board is visited by just about everyone in the business in Northeast Ohio. I'm told it has readers in every major (and minor) radio cluster in the area, and has been seen on computer screens in local sports teams' press boxes...

Starting today, I'll archive my original threads on R-I to here, and I'll continue to update this blog no matter how long I continue to visit that board. So, if you don't see me there, look here.

The inspiration for this blog comes from my long-time friend Scott Fybush, who's been doing the popular NorthEast Radio Watch ("Nerw" to its friends) for many, many years.

My identity is not exactly a secret to many in the business in this area, but I'll continue to keep it off the blog for now. Don't lose any sleep wondering about it...chances are you've never heard of me! But I want to keep anonymity for various reasons, for now.

As I occasionally do on Radio-Info, I'll continue to post about such things as local TV. (That means you, "19 Action News"! ;) )

The scope of this blog will mostly consist of radio/TV news and musings in the Northeast Ohio region (Cleveland/Akron/Canton/Youngstown), since I live in this part of the state. I'll occasionally venture out, and will post stuff I hear in other parts of Ohio as well.

If you want to communicate with me, I have a new E-Mail address. Click on the "View my complete profile" link to the left to get it.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Joe Clifford Faust said...

Welcome to the tribe, OA!

Anonymous said...

Give 'em hell OA! And I'm not just talking about 19 either.